As podiatrists we are greatly successful in treating sports related injuries because we know the anatomy, we know podiatry, we know the sport and apply our knowledge and expertise. At our Sports Medicine practice in Livingston, NJ and Edison, NJ we can treat all your sport injuries and hopefully prevent future problems. In addition, we specialize in creating custom sports orthotics and suggesting the correct shoe gear for you in your specific sport.
Our Feet and Sports
Walking= 1 ½ times body weight of force transmitted to the feet Running/Jogging= 3-4 times body weight of force
High Impact Sports= up to 8 times body weight of force
300 Ailments affect the human foot
What is a Sports Medicine Specialist?
As podiatrists that specialize in Sports Medicine, we are a:
- Exercise Physiologist
- Sports Enthusiast
- Prevention Specialist
- Orthotist, Creating Custom Orthotics
- Pedorthist, Shoe Fitting Specialist
Who do we treat?
- Basketball, Tennis, and Soccer Players
- Football and Baseball Players
- Recreational Athletes
- Athletes from all Sports
What do we treat?
- Stress Fractures
- Toe and Metatarsal Fractures
- Overuse Injuries
- Plantar Fasciitis and Excessive Pronation
- Acute and Chronic Ankle Sprains
- Shin Splints
- Heel and Knee Pain
- Ingrown Nails, Subungual Exostosis, Runner’s Toe
- Neuromas, Blisters
- Limb Length Discrepancy